Help me Celebrate my Birthday

Help Me Celebrate my Birthday !!!!
JustGiving - Sponsor me now!

Tuesday 3 January 2012

3 Words for 2012

Yesterday I read a post by Chris Brogan about choosing 3 words for the year and trying to live by them. It sounded like a really interesting idea and one I definitely wanted to try. It took me a little while to come up with my 3 words, and I doubt that I will be living with them for a whole year (if I remember, I will re-evaluate them in 6 months) as, for me, that’s quite a long time, and a lot can change during it.

Passion
:
The first word that immediately came to mind was ‘passion’. As a creative and drama-princess I am obviously passionate in a lot of what I want to do. This year, as I embark on becoming an entrepreneur, I want to remember to keep passion at the heart of everything I do. I want to ensure that I am passionate about every decision I make as I believe that that will help me to follow my instincts and my ‘truth’.

Believe:
The second word I came up with was ‘believe’. This is actually a very important word for me right now as it has to do with an idea I had that made my business idea bloom. Right now, I believe I can do more than I’ve been doing. I believe that I can become who I’m meant to be. I believe that starting a business is the right path for me right now. I chose to use this word as one to live by because I need to remember to keep these beliefs and to embrace the positive beliefs I stumble upon on my journey.

Pace:
Honestly, I didn’t want to include this word. It doesn’t uplift or inspire me. But I know that it is something I need to live by right now. I need to pace myself. I need to keep resting regularly and to not get ahead of myself as I want to improve my health. So while I don’t like having this word as one of my 3, I know it is the right word to keep there. It isn’t something that comes naturally to me which is why I feel it is even more important to keep it in my focus.

So these are the three words that I’m going to keep at the forefront of my mind in any and every decision I make for the next period in my life (however long it feels right to keep them there). I’m thinking of writing them nice and big and putting them on the wall next to my desk. Let me know if you decide to join in and I recommend reading Chris Brogan’s post on it and, if you have a chance, visit some people who have commented.

2 comments:

Kess said...

This is such a great idea! I hope, by living by these three words this year, you will succeed in all you set your mind to

dominique said...

I love this idea especially in connection with my 12 changes for 2012. I will link back to your blog when I choose my three and do a post.

Loved your choices as well! Great job Tamara!